Are we culturally competent to meet the needs of the diverse range of children with whom we work?
Date: 13 June 2007
Venue: ORT House Conference Centre, London NW1
About the conference
Government policy across the UK aims to ensure that the needs of of all children and families are identified and met by the provision of adequate and appropriate services.
All services are finding themselves working with children from different races, religions and cultural backgrounds, with different languages, including asylum-seeking children. Cultural competence means providing equal access to services as well as delivering culturally sensitive services.
The aim of the conference is to provide delegates with:
* an understanding of the implications of global migration on delivering children’s services in the UK
* good practice examples of working with diverse groups
* an action plan including identifying training gaps within the workforce
Speakers at the event
* Andrea Rowe Chief Executive, Skills for Care (representing the Sector Skills Council)
* Nick Johnson Director of Policy and Public Sector, Commission for Racial Equality
* Baroness Jill Pitkeathley Chair, CAFCASS
* Chrissy Meleady MBE Early Years Equality
* Ann Aspinall TATE
* Kathryn Kelly Senior Consultant, IdeA
* Joe Tobin University of Arizona
* Parmjit Dhanda MP Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for children, young people and families
* Jennifer Bernard Director of Product Management, City & Guilds
Who Should Attend?
Anyone involved with the children’s workforce including:
* directors of children’s services
* providers of children’s services
* counselling organisations
* therapeutic professionals
* organisations working with immigrant families, asylum seeking and displaced persons
* organisations active in communities including children’s centre and playwork settings.
* youth workers
* community development workers
* probation workers
* head teachers
* family centres
Pricing (Click here for information on other ways to book a place)
Book a place on the conference Online
£295.00 + VAT for Standard rate (central government/private sector)
£255.00 + VAT for Reduced rate (public sector/education/NHS/charities/local government/large vol orgs)
£195.00 + VAT for Supported rate (unwaged/student/small voluntary sector organisation)