Community Media Design (CMD) is a non-profit social enterprise organisation set up to run community-interest courses in several computer subject areas for organisations and individuals. Examples of courses CMD has sucessfully run include Digital Music Production (for 16-25 year olds) and Basic Computers (for 50+ age group).
CMD specialise in running courses for ethnic minorities and has experienced and patient tutors teaching in an informal and friendly atmosphere.
CMD would like to inform all interested persons of our latest Introduction to Computers and the Internet course “IT Workshops For You” for Refugees and Asylum Seekers.
This is an introductory course for those who have never used a computer before or need to refresh their computer skills.
The course covers File Management, Word Processing, Spreadsheets, Computer Management, Using the Internet and Emailing.
This is a FREE course, and is part-time: one Wednesday afternoon and one Thursday afternoon practice session – if you want to practice.
– Enrolment and registration runs from Tues 15 May to Fri 25 May 2007 (11:00 to 18:30), and will take less than 30mins.
– Course days: Wednesday 14:00 – 16:30 and Thursday 14:00 – 16:30 (optional practice session).
– Course starts: Wednesday 30 May (14:00).
– Course ends: Thursday 23 August (last practice session).
– Course location: Community Media Design Training Centre, 220 Farmers Road, Camberwell, London SE5 0TW
– Contact: Course Tutor on 02071932239 or 02075822555
– Website: http://www.commediadesign.org
– Each student will receive a certificate stating the areas covered, and will have the option to take an OCR accredited assessment with certificate.
Places are limited so if you are interested contact us now.